March 8, 2013
Some of you may have noticed that a few weeks ago, www.trackattackapp.com went from being a place holder single page to something completely different.
Makes us look more legit right? Haha.
We have a big vision for what the Track Attack experience should be via a web browser and this is our first big step towards that vision.
What’s the big change?
The “ME” page.
What is it?
It’s the beginning of your driver’s log and session history. With Track Attack 1.1, as soon as you end a session, the session details get saved to your profile. Once you get home or to a reliable Wi-Fi hot spot, you go to the Upload Data page of the app and hit upload any one of the sessions or all sessions.
Note: expect uploads to take only a few minutes for sessions recorded in Standard Quality and up to 30-40 minutes for those recorded in High Quality.
How do I see my sessions online?
First, you have to log on. If you created your account on the app through Facebook Log in, click on the Facebook button to get logged in.
If you created an account from scratch, use your driver tag and password you used when you originally started using the app.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll see all your sessions along the left hand column. If you’ve uploaded the video, you’ll see the play button next to each lap and also the status of that video should be “available on website”. Choose a session and hit play!
There’s a few things we have lined up for the next few weeks:
- Sharing your laps! Finally! We’ll have a small update to the Track Attack app going out soon which will link the Facebook posts you create from the app of a specific lap, to the video on the site (assuming you’ve uploaded the video).
- We will also be creating a Facebook share button the site you can share directly from there.
- Don’t worry, viewers will be taken to just that video and not be able to see all your other, not-as awesome videos!
- Full iPhone 5 update: Time for us to make better use of that extra screen space.
- User Profile and Race Car Profile management on the site.
Let us know what you think and hope everyone had a great Christmas and looking forward to 2013!