January 11, 2015
Yesterday, January 10, 2015 we released Track Attack 2.2 for Windows Phone. It’s currently in the review process but should go through in the next 24-48 hours. Here’s what’s included:
1. Enhanced Track Database Functionality
There is a new Track Database Page on the first level navigation. Here you can start exploring all of the tracks on the official track database and update the locally stored track database. Each track has it’s own profile page, where you can see the start/finish coordinates, a map preview of the track, the ability to designate it as a favorite track, drive it immediately or pin to the start screen. More on this below. We are super excited about this functionality and looking forward to rolling out more features on this over the next few months.
2. Enhanced Session History Functionality
You will also see that we’ve re-arranged the History page:
- All Sessions: This is the familiar view you’ve had in the past where it shows all of your sessions, sorted by default with your most recent sessions first and now we’ve included the ability to change the sorting from descending to ascending. Here you can also still synchronize your sessions with the sessions on your online profile.
- Favorite Sessions: Now you can go into a individual sessions and designate them as favorite sessions and those will show up in this section.
- By Track: Sometimes you just want to see your highlights and in this view, we show your top 5 lap times by track driven.
3. Get going fast with Pin to Start
Pin Tracks to Start: We know how stressful it can be on a track day or a race when you’re waiting for your session to come up and next thing you know, you need to be on pre-grid, strapped in and ready to go. Even the few extra seconds it takes to have the GPS engine turn on, find the tracks around you and hit start can feel like an eternity. With the ability to pin race tracks to the start menu, now you can simply select your track and get driving.
Pin Favorite Sessions and Laps To Start: Almost as stressful is when friends want to see some of your on track greatness and you need to get into the app, go to your sessions, find the fastest lap and then bring up that personal best lap time session. Now you can pin that session or that specific lap to your Start screen so you can instantly start watching!
Folders on the Start Screen: Another really cool thing (if you have an 8.1 Update 1+ Windows Phone) is the ability to create folders on the Start screen. For example below, I’ve created a folder with all of my usual tracks, so with one click I can get going on the track. I can imagine creating a folder with all of your personal best fastest laps or the races from each race weekend of the year. Each phone platform has some really cool differentiators and this is one of the things that makes Windows Phone an awesome platform!
4. Critical Bug Fix
Users of Track Attack with an external GPS device might have experienced some weird errors like the screenshots below. The root of the issue is that while these external GPS devices provide sampling at 5 and 10Hz, which is great! It also comes with bad data at some times, primarily speed values of NaN and “infiniti”. When and how often these values are provided in inconsistent but Track Attack was not effectively managing these bad values when recording or playing back sessions that had those values in the data file. In 2.2 we’ve fixed this issue and made sure Track Attack is rock solid when using external GPS sensors.