May 27, 2014
Almost 6 months later, we have officially ended the beta period and launched the first commercial version of Track Attack for Windows Phone. Here is what is new with Track Attack GPS Lap Timer 1.0 for Windows Phone:
- Windows Phone 7 support: We have many WP7 users and we appreciate your support. For WP7, we wanted to make sure you continued to have Track Attack but this will be the first and only release. With WP7 phones no longer being sold and them being a minority of WP handsets in the marketplace, within the next year almost all Wp7 phones will be out of the market.
- Still Free to Test Run: Track Attack was free as a beta and we realize how important it is to try out an app like this before buying. So Track Attack will remain free as an initial download, with users being able to record up to 3 sessions with full functionality. At anytime a user can upgrade to Track Attack PRO – the full functionality you’ve come to use and love.
- What about existing users? When the update hits, your existing data will persist and you will be able to view/share/upload with no limits. You will be able record 3 sessions as part of the free trial and then upgrade to continue using Track Attack.
- How much does it cost? The cost will vary in different markets but it will be ~$15USD.
- UI changes and clean up: You’ll see the UI take a significant step forward in terms of cleaning it up, making it look like Track Attack on iOS/Android and in some cases, looking like a native Windows app. Most notably, you’ll see a much improved Session Record and Session Playback Screens. We’ll continue to fine tune the UI and expect to see regular updates.
- Bug Fixes and Performance Upgrades: As with all of our updates, we rolled out new features but we also cleaned up bugs that only happen in the real world. Users should see Track Attack be stable and performing well with many of the bug and performance enhancements we implemented.