February 21, 2015
A couple months into the new year, we’ve made enough progress to have a good sense for what is achievable this year and what probably isn’t. So, with sharing as much as we can, here’s what we’re focusing on for 2015:
1. Putting Track Attack into your hands
From the very beginning, we envisioned enabling drivers to accelerate learning and development by leveraging the shared knowledge of the community. This means putting a number of features in place that allows everyone to contribute to the knowledge base and connect with each other. Without giving away too much, here’s what you can expect:
- Track specific profiles
- Driver specific pages
- Ability to share whatever you want, however you want – you control what you share and how you share it
2. An incredible app experience
It took time to get Track Attack at feature parity across the three platforms (iOS, Android and Windows Phone) and 2015 is when we go to the next level. Here’s what we got planned:
- Support for external GPS accessories on all platforms. Android and Windows Phone are done, and we’re close to having it done with iOS.
- Support for GoPro cameras. Many of the phones have awesome cameras but sometimes we want different angles, wider views, to use it easier on Karts and motorcycles. With GoPro support, we’ll make it happen!
- Ability to export your video with the data overlay embedded. This is done for iOS and we’re going to make this happen for Android and Windows Phone, one way or another.
- Ruthlessly attacking bugs – we test, test and test again but we can’t cover all scenarios. We’ll keep at it and make Track Attack as stable as we possibly can.
- Improved usability – we want to make Track Attack as easy to use as possible. Especially in the most time sensitive situations such as recording a session or getting to your highlight reel.
3. Helping you be a better driver
While we are going to enable our users to export session data to analyze however you want in Excel or any other statistical analysis program, we’re going to go one step further. We are working with fast drivers and one of the world’s best driver coaches to make analyzing your driving easy. There are great tools out there but for most of them require a race engineer or hours of setup and tutorials. We’re going to take a crack at making that go away.
This won’t be for a professional drivers and teams but for the rest of us, it will be the best solution for driving at the limit, improving consistency and improving our fastest lap.
So you must be wondering (as am I ) when all this good stuff will happen? The work is already planned or underway. You’ll see small releases against these objectives just about every month and we’re shooting to have culminated in a significant step forward each quarter. It will be a long, tough and exciting 2015 and we hope you will join us on the journey.
Thank you for the support and here’s to a great to 2015!